Are you interested in working for one of the leaders in legal recruitment?
Ref: 00014898 | Contact: Jasmyn Izzard
This is a rare opportunity to join RedLaw's partner team to learn and develop into becoming a partner-focused legal recruitment consultant.
Join a market leading, multiple-award winning legal recruitment search consultancy based in the City. We work closely with a range of US and UK law firms, partnering with them to find the right talent for their businesses. We have been responsible for many of the published moves within private practice at both partner and associate level, including teams and mergers.
This unique opportunity is to work closely alongside a Director to focus on partner recruitment.
- You will shadow the Director, meeting partners and law firms daily to learn how to become a market leading partner recruiter
- You will work with different senior lawyers who are actively looking for a new role and law firms who retain us to find new partners for them
- You will learn about the market and different practice areas
- You will learn how to headhunt partner level candidates as well as use other ways to source the right partners including advertising and marketing
- After shadowing the Director, you will start to build up to running your own workload and matters (where appropriate) and developing this
As part of this role, you will:
- Gain excellent levels of law firm and partner contact
- Work with other senior members of the team
- Maintaining and developing existing and new law firm relationships
- Build and develop relationships with a variety of law firm partners
- Have active participation in business development events and activities
- Have a bespoke training schedule, including both internal and external training
- Assist in running recruitment processes including CV and business preparation, arranging interviews and travel through to offer negotiation and resignation process.
- On occasion, you may travel overseas.
What experience and skills will you have?
- Intellectually strong (evidenced by strong academic background)
- The ability to build long term relationships and work with the business to promote the brand and the agency as a team. This will be evidenced by your current role as a lawyer or legal recruiter
- Ability to monitor, manage, control and implement a busy workload with numerous deadlines
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Enthusiasm for the legal industry – you may be a lawyer or have a legal background or have worked within legal recruitment
What personal attributes will you have?
- You will be driven, self-motivated and hard-working
- You will be willing to learn, adapt and develop quickly
- You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be inquisitive about meeting people
- You will have a warm and likeable manner, with the ability to build relationships with a variety of people
- You will be commercially savvy, with strong financial and business awareness
- You will be resilient
- You will be tenacious
- You will show strong initiative and drive
- You will enjoy working in a team but also enjoy having autonomy over your work, remuneration and life balance.
What can we offer?
- A meritocratic culture: there is no limit on earnings; where you are rewarded for your input
- A strong, established platform with excellent relationships with UK and US law firms
- A friendly, supportive and non-hierarchical culture
- Working in a highly professional and market-leading team
- A strong and ongoing training programme and career pathways for professional development
- Excellent PAs, researchers and marketing support, giving the ideal platform to focus on recruitment
Remuneration and benefits:
We offer highly competitive remuneration, comprising both a strong base salary and a transparent commission scheme, a wide range of benefits – from pension and private medical insurance through to various employee rewards through our innovative rewards programme.
For more information or to apply, please email your CV and details to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 815 6815.